A luncheon will be held after the Publishers Australia AGM with guest presentations from Ross Dawson and Iggy Pintado, along with a vibrant and informative discussion with a panel of industry leaders.
Ross Dawson, CEO of Advanced Human Technologies, is a bestselling author of books including "Living Networks", and a globally recognised authority on media and business strategy. Ross will be speaking on "How Magazine Publishers Can Create the Future of Media" and covering the impact of digital convergence on the magazine publishing industry. He also has excellent insights on what publishers can do right now to take advantage of their skills, resources and assets in today's rapidly changing marketplace.
The second talk will be made by Iggy Pintado former Director of Marketing at IBM Australia and Telstra's ex Head of Online Sales, Channel Development and Customer Operations. His address is entitled "Put your Magazines, Website and Company on the Map using Social Media Marketing". He'll take us through a live example of how he promoted his new company and hard-copy book ‘The Connection Generation' with his social media marketing mode and he'll explain how critical the web 2.0 space is for print and digital publishers.
There will also be a high-profile panel discussion with some of the country's top practitioners. The line-up includes:
* Jeremy Vaughan - CEO, Haymarket Media
* Karl Penn - CEO, Future Publishing
* Bruce Ritchie - Editor, Men's Health Magazine, Pacific Magazines
* Shane Mitchell - CEO, He Said She Said Communications
* Geoff Hird - Assoc Publisher, Westwick Farrow Media, Chair of Publishers Australia and Chair of the B2B Magazine Leadership Group
* Janice Williams - Associate Publisher, Universal Magazines, Vice-Chair of Publishers Australia and Chair of Publishers Australia's Newstand Leadership Group
* Bobbi Mahlab - CEO, Mahlab Media, Director, Publishers Australia & Chair of the Custom Magazine Leadership Group
* Jeremy Knibbs - CEO, Reed Business Information
For more information, pose a question to the panel or to make a booking contact Publishers Australia on (02) 9958 2722.